Thank you for your interest in joining our innovative TIFF ThinkTank, a dynamic survey group to help us serve you better!
ThinkTank participants share their feedback by completing brief online surveys that take less than five minutes to complete. The topics focus on areas where we need input and feedback to improve your overall experience at TIFF Bell Lightbox and online.
Here’s a snapshot of past surveys completed by ThinkTank participants, and some current and future outcomes:
- Digital access
- Celebrating supporter milestones
- Service, experience, and benefits
May 2018: "I Believe"/"I Get"
- Survey results: ThinkTank participants shared what they believe TIFF is, and what they get from TIFF
January 2018: Publications and communications
- Survey results: Improve calendar tool and programming searchability via daily/at-a-glance guide, improve mobile experience, ensure mailed 180° guide/calendar arrival time aligns with programming on-sales
- Actions: Planned homepage redesign to improve searching and browsing on desktop and mobile, and improved film pages
June 2017: Strategic planning
- Survey results: ThinkTank participants shared transformative experiences and thoughts on TIFF's Vision and Mission
- Actions: Feedback and quotes used in the development of the 2017 Annual Report and 2018–2022 Strategic Plan
March 2017: TIFF Bell Lightbox screenings
- Survey results: Better communication of upcoming films and pre-sale dates (including New Releases), more supplementary content (in-cinema and online), plus enhanced in-cinema experience
- Actions: Upcoming Releases page and more in-cinema supplemental content, plus continual improvements to in-cinema experience
November 2016: tiff.net review
- Survey results: Easier way to find films and events at tiff.net, and improved purchasing process
- Actions: Calendar function added to tiff.net and icon changed to "Buy/Manage Tickets"
August/September 2016: Learning for adults at TIFF
- Survey results: Desire for non-academic learning and networking opportunities, advanced notice of subscription and individual-ticket sales
- Actions: Earlier and increased notice about ticket and subscription on-sale dates, improved communication about individual events, development of future workshops, and increased frequency of events
June/July 2016: Setting up your TIFF Account Manager
- Survey results: Process requires additional instruction and clarity
- Actions: Adjustments made to communications and login process
April 2016 (pilot survey): How we communicate with Members
- Survey results: Need more frequency and information on how to access programming
- Actions: Increased frequency in communications with summaries of programming, development of exclusive digital content, digital archive of 180° programme guide for Members
Follow these simple steps to participate:
1. Ensure you are subscribed to TIFF emails.
2. Open the last email you received from TIFF.
3. Scroll down and click on "Update Profile." This will open your preference centre.
4. Scroll down to "Supporter ThinkTank" and click on the box below. Click "Save changes" at the bottom of the page.