How to Play
- The game will be played in the Bell Blue Room Members' Lounge on the 3rd floor of TIFF Bell Lightbox, unless otherwise announced. Doors open at 6:00PM.
- Teams are asked to register in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Teams wishing to register upon arrival will be taken first come first served as capacity is limited. Each team will receive an answer sheet once registered.
- Questions are read by an emcee, who is also judge and jury of trivia night.
- There will be three rounds of play, plus a tie-breaking round if necessary.
- The team with the highest score will be declared the winner.
- You must be a TIFF Member to attend trivia night (or a guest of a TIFF Member).
- The game will be played in teams of 2 to 4 members (or their guests).
- Please don't be that guy saving seats for friends who don't show up until the game has already started.
Rules & Regulations:
- Teams are awarded points for every correct answer. The emcee will announce if bonus points are applicable for a given question.
- Answer sheets will be marked by TIFF staff after each round.
- Write legibly. Points cannot be awarded if an answer is illegible. You will not be docked points for misspelling a correct answer. (Though you will be judged.)
- If there is a tie after three rounds of play, the emcee will call a lightning round to break the tie.
- At no time can any media (or answer-finding) device be used, (i.e. smart phones). No lifelines in this game.
- If you must leave the room for any reason during play, you will not be able to return until the round is over.