TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of: Festival Publicists (Publicist, Asian Cinema, Publicist & Industry Programming)
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative, community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be a part of our ever growing team, and be part of Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, the Festival Publicist works in the Festival Press Office during the Toronto International Film Festival and manages all press activity for their portfolio of films during the Festival.
- Proactively pitches and manages communications outreach for designated films and programming
- Coordinates and facilitates interview requests for designated films
- In conjunction with the Communications team, liaises with studios and studio publicists as required
- Effectively manages current relationships with media and external stakeholders
- Maintains and develops new relationships with members of the media
- Writes and edits external and internal documents, as required
- Prepares a final report and analysis.
Contract Dates: September 3, 2015 to September 20, 2015
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism or related field and 2-3 years media relations experience
- Established relationships with local, national and international entertainment media outlets and journalists
- Knowledge of film industry, international cinema, as well as Canadian, U.S. and international film critics
- Experience and interest in working with the film industry, Asian cinema and first time filmmakers
- Exemplary organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Superior analytical thinking and reasoning skills
- Superior communications skills, tact and diplomacy
- Additional language(s) an asset
- Available to work every day of the Festival, including evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on June 12, 2015 BY EMAIL ONLY
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note Festival Publicist in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.