Assistant Manager, Cinemas
- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : July-29-13
June 19, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
Assistant Manager, Cinemas
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premier centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Cinemas, the Assistant Manager, Cinemas will provide administrative and managerial support to the TIFF Bell Light Box Cinemas Department. Responsible for providing support for the Senior Manager, Cinemas, the Cinema Manager and Cinemas staff by ensuring they have information necessary to complete all daily tasks: overseeing all scheduling and payroll administration; assisting in the development and implementation of Policies and Procedures relating to Cinema operations and working with various departments in the organization to ensure the smooth execution of all TIFF programming and events; assigning tasks and managing time of the Administrative Assistant, Cinemas and volunteers for the Cinemas Department.
Shall include but not be limited to:
• Oversee the creation of the weekly schedules for Cinema and Gallery staff shifts.
• Exchange information with the Events and Programming Departments and disseminate this information to appropriate individuals.
• Compile detailed informational spreadsheets on screening information.
• Maintain accurate payroll documentation.
• Create forms, memos and informational paperwork as required including databases and spreadsheets.
• Report regularly to the Cinema Manager any staffing, schedule or events updates.
• Provide support to Cinema Manager during staff hiring including database management, payroll input and general administrative duties.
• Request and supervise volunteers for office and Cinemas as required.
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of Procedural and Staff Manuals.
• Attend varied production and committee meetings and when necessary represent the Cinemas Department.
• Occasionally perform duties as an Assistant Cinema Manager ensuring smooth and efficient operation of the cinemas and a clean and safe environment for all customers and guests.
• Maintain an office environment that is efficient, organized and friendly.
• Other duties as assigned.
Start Date: Monday July 29th, 2013
• 2-5 years experience in a management or supervisory position; 2-5 years venue, theatre or cinema experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and leadership capabilities.
• Detail oriented and excellent time-management skills; Office savvy
• Customer Service experience is mandatory; excellent conflict resolution and creative problem solving skills.
• Experience using Excel, and other database systems – EZLabor, Artifax and NetSuite use an asset. Advanced MS Word, Excel and Gmail user.
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends; experience working in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on FRIDAY JULY 5th, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Assistant Manager, Cinemas
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.