Administrative Assistant Cinemas / Office Coordinator, Festival Venue Operations
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : July-02-13
- End Date : December-31-13
Monday June 17, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time/part-time position of:
Administrative Assistant, Cinemas/
Office Coordinator, Festival Venue Operations
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premier centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Cinemas the Administrative Assistant, Cinemas/Office Coordinator, Festival Venue Operations will provide administrative support to the Cinemas Department from October – June on a part-time basis (20 hours per week) and to the Toronto International Film Festival (July – October on a full-time basis (40 hours per week).
Responsibilities will include supporting all of the daily Cinemas and Festival Venue operations including scheduling, payroll, staff communications and reports.
Shall include but not be limited to:
As Administrative Assistant, Cinemas at TIFF Bell Lightbox Year-Round:
October – December, 20hours/week
• Provide overall administrative support to the Cinemas Department, including the Senior Manager, Cinemas, Cinema Manager and Assistant Manager, Cinemas including database management, payroll input and general administrative duties.
• Create weekly schedule for Cinemas and Gallery staff shifts.
• Maintain accurate payroll information; input staff shifts into Payroll system accurately and ensuring that staff hours are reported correctly.
• Create forms, memos and informational paperwork as required including databases and spreadsheets.
• Exchange information with the Events and Programming Departments and the dissemination this information to appropriate individuals.
• Compile detailed informational spreadsheets on screening information.
• Gathering and assembling materials for staff training manuals for ushers and gallery attendants.
• Attend meetings; record and prepare minutes from meetings.
• Administrative support for Festivals.
• Maintain an office environment, which is efficient, organized and friendly.
• Other duties as assigned.
As Office Coordinator, Festival Venue Operations for TIFF:
July – October, 40hours/week
• Provide overall administrative support for the Festival Venue Operations team, including the Festival Venue Staff Manager during all staff hiring, including database management, payroll input and general administrative duties.
• Contract administration for approximately 200 seasonal staff members.
• Maintaining master schedules of appointments and deadlines for the department.
• Request and supervise volunteers for office staff as required.
• Supervise Intern and volunteers as needed.
• Assist Festival Venue Staff Manager in the creation and maintenance of Procedural and Staff Training Manuals and execution of all training sessions.
• Creating and distributing all paperwork required for the Festival Venue Operations team, including: flowcharts, screening reports and film fact sheets for every screening.
• During Festival, act as the main information hub for the Venue Operations team; processing all incoming paperwork including statistics and incident reports.
• Maintain an office environment which is efficient, organized and friendly.
• Other duties as assigned.
Start Date: Tuesday July 2nd, 2013 - December 31, 2013
• Three - five years in an administrative or office environment; office savvy.
• Strong organizational capabilities; detail-oriented; able to multi-task effectively.
• Excellent communications and time management skills.
• Film festival, front of house or special event experience an asset.
• Experience supervising volunteers an asset.
• Experience using Excel, and other database systems – EZLabor, Artifax and NetSuite use an asset.
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends; experience working in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Monday June 24th, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Administrative Assistant / Office Coordinator
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.