Senior Coordinator, Public Programmes
- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : July-08-13
June 13, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
SENIOR COORDINATOR, PUBLIC PROGRAMMES
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premier centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The Senior Coordinator plays a vital role in ensuring that the Public Programmes team is supported both from an administrative and strategic perspective, and that dept plans and procedures are created and circulated to all internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and execution of intra-department timelines, representing the department at internal production and update meetings, ensuring that information on department activities is circulated to colleagues internally, and that their requirements are factored into dept workloads. Supporting programmes and events that involve extensive communication and engagement with external partners and stakeholders is a key part of this role. Additionally, the Senior Coordinator will work closely with the Director, Public Programmes on consolidating and updating dept budgets, preparing reports on upcoming activities and post-mortems on completed events, and supporting strategic planning by researching and gathering cross-dept feedback and information. This position requires extensive communication with internal staff, including Finance, Facilities, Technical, Marketing and Programming and Event Services Teams.
The Public Programmes portfolio includes TIFF Kids Festival, TIFF NextWave Festival and Committee, children, youth, family public and school programming, gaming and digital media activities and the Film Reference Library.
• Attend weekly TIFF Bell Lightbox Production meetings as dept representative, and report results and deliverables to dept
Coordinate and ensure delivery of Public Programming information to
internal teams and stakeholders (i.e. Marketing, Communications)
• Provide accurate scope for project deliverables
• Troubleshoot execution process, focusing on communication with internal partners (i.e. Programming and Event Services)
• Coordinate dept training on Artifax, as well as overseeing and maintaining Artifax data entry and accuracy for dept.
• Gather department statistics and data for annual reporting purposes.
• Administration and tracking of departmental budget sheets and financial reports on weekly basis
• Coordinate budget updates and reviews with dept on a monthly basis.
• Departmental administrative representative for Netsuite (Financial system) entry and tracking
• Facilitate department sign-off of collateral as required.
• Act as department administrative support handling internal orders, dept calendar, meeting minutes and agendas.
• Oversee seasonal/ annual interns.
• Supervise volunteers and participate in “Working with Volunteers” workshops
Research and prepare reports on trends, opportunities and competitive
landscape in youth learning and programming, digital media and gaming
• Ensure dept needs for TIFF Kids and NextWave Festivals are captured and communicated to Event Coordinator/ Producer
Work closely with Programming lead on execution of special partnerships
or relationships during TIFF Kids and TIFF Next Wave festivals.
• Work closely with Programming leads on Family Day, Bell Free Weekend and TIFF in the Park
Work closely with Administrative leads in other Bell Lightbox
Programming areas to ensure ongoing communication, integration and
execution of timelines and deliverables
Start Date: July 8, 2013
• 3+ years experience providing high level administrative support in the arts, film or education
• Post-secondary school education in Communications, Arts Management or related field – degree or diploma
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to quality customer service
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; facility in French is an asset
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
• Financial acumen; familiarity and comfort with creating and maintaining budget spreadsheets
Additional consideration will be given to candidates with previous
experience in the arts and an appreciation of film as a cultural art
• Previous experience with community outreach and/or working with cultural organizations and academic institutions
• Knowledge of and interest in film
• Strong research skills
• Natural ability to work efficiently on many projects with varying deadlines, and anticipate priorities
• Exceptional computer skills and database management (including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3
references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud
hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Friday June 21 BY EMAIL
ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Senior Coordinator, Public
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates
selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in
inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is
to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the
world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.