Senior Coordinator, Government & Foundation Relations
- Position Type : Contract
- Reporting To : Unknown
- Start Date : August-06-13
- End Date : August-06-14
June 12, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
SENIOR COORDINATOR, GOVERNMENT & FOUNDATION RELATIONS
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premier centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Director, Government & Foundation Relations, the Senior Coordinator, Government & Foundation Relations supports fundraising, research, lobbying, and statistics gathering activities to maximize government and foundations sector support of TIFF (with a focus on philanthropic foundations and special projects).
• Implement strategies for successful cultivation and solicitation of support from foundations
• Research, develop, and write funding requests and final reports for submission to supporters for various TIFF initiatives.
• Coordinate internal data requests, sign-off processes, planning meetings, volunteers, and administration for the Department.
• Coordinating appropriate recognition of government/foundations funding on all TIFF materials
• Maintaining strong working relationships with staff, volunteers, and constituents.
• Grant maintenance including filing required reports and surveys, ensuring compliance with government/foundation contracts, invoicing and collection of funds, reviewing budgets, and maintaining thorough grant files
• Building detailed knowledge of TIFF activities, as well as expertise in portfolio-driven trends, research, and news
• Representing TIFF at external meetings and special events as necessary
Contract Dates: August 6, 2013 - August 6, 2014 (parental leave)
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Minimum two years experience fundraising in the arts including budgeting skills.
• Experience and knowledge of the foundations and/or government sector are considered a strong asset
• Effective computer skills in the following programs: Raiser’s Edge, TIFFGdb, Microsoft Office, and Groupwise.
• Excellent organizational skills, with superior attention to detail.
• Strong research skills, with an ability to retrieve, and efficiently organize and present information.
• Strong networking skills, with an ability to act with tact and diplomacy.
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on FRIDAY, JUNE 28 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: SENIOR COORDINATOR, GOVERNMENT & FOUNDATION RELATIONS
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.