Assistant, Industry Programming
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : June-24-13
- End Date : September-15-13
May 31, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
Assistant, Industry Programming
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Industry Programmer, the Assistant, Industry Programming, will assist in the execution of the Industry Conference, Filmmaker Boot Camp and other Industry-related activities at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival.
• Assist with production of Industry Conference sessions at Filmmakers’ Lounge, keeping track of the panel schedule, guest speaker invitations, and tech requirements
• Assist with production of Filmmaker Boot Camp, updating the schedule, communicating with participating filmmakers and guest speakers and arranging travel and accommodation
• Assist with other Industry Initiatives, such as Producers Lab Toronto
• Update Industry Conference website with panel descriptions as well as biographies and head shots for guest speakers
• Assist with production of promotional materials for Industry Conference, especially the Industry Conference Brochure, Daily Schedule Sheets and Schedule Boards
• Responsible for creating detailed and comprehensive database records for Industry Conference in Artifax Database
Contract Dates: June 24 to September 15, 2013
• Minimum 1 year experience in the Canadian and international film industries.
• Strong familiarity with domestic and international filmmakers
• Exceptionally strong administrative and organizational skills with keen attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Exceptional computer skills, including significant experience with Microsoft and Apple environments
• Experience in live event production a definite asset
• Quick thinker, good judgment and excellent multi-tasker
• Knowledge of other languages (especially French) a definite asset
• Previous experience with large databases an asset
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on JUNE 9, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Assistant, Industry Programming
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.