- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : July-08-13
May 28, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Director, Philanthropy & Membership, the Manager, Membership is responsible for revenue generation (acquisition and renewals), programme strategy and overseeing the daily operations and administration of the TIFF Membership programme.
• Work with the Director, Philanthropy & Membership, and direct reports (one full-time and a team of seasonal part time staff) to meet or surpass TIFF Membership revenue budget – through personal solicitation and via targeted campaigns
• Implement a minimum of 4 acquisition campaigns each season, oversee monthly renewal process with direct report(s)
• Develop new business opportunities to heighten awareness and promotion of the TIFF Membership programme (on and off-site)
• Manage, prepare and ensure successful implementation of all membership promotions and campaigns
• Manage telemarketing campaign with an external vendor
• Manage TIFF Membership expense budget, ensuring an effective expense ratio and ROI
• Participate in annual analysis of membership programme, offering recommendations for changes/improvements with respect to benefits and servicing to ensure maximum functionality of the programme
• Develop strong member relationships through segmented and strategic stewardship
• Manage and jointly-administer with departmental colleagues all communications necessary for cultivation/stewardship/promotion of TIFF Membership programme
• Manage overall TIFF Membership benefit programme (promotion, execution, revision)
• Point person for TIFF Membership conflict resolution as it relates to membership - provide exceptional customer service to member inquiries
• Provide sales, strategy and tracking reports to senior colleagues as it relates to TIFF Membership (acquisition, renewal, telemarketing, strategy) and progress
• Monitor and evaluate membership campaign budgets to ensure fiscal responsibility for the portfolio
• Act as champion to highlight and implement strategic membership ideas across all departments within the organization
Start Date: July 2013
• University degree, community college diploma or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years experience in Fundraising or equivalent field
• Minimum 3 years experience in Marketing/Membership/Customer service
• Strategic and creative thinker, with an aptitude for big picture thinking
• Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to multi-task, prioritize as necessary, and have high attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with an ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
• Accountable, ethical, demonstrates exceptional follow-through - able to respect and maintain high degree of confidentiality
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong technical skills including experience with online resources, word processing, spreadsheet and database applications; preferably a working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and ticketing databases
• Commitment to professional development, AFP Code of Conduct and Donor Bill of Rights
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Consideration given to previous membership experience in the arts and an appreciation of film as a cultural art form. Familiarization with the Canadian arts community and business community is a strong asset.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on June 11, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Manager, Membership
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.