Coordinator, Locations & Promotional Sales
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : July-02-13
- End Date : September-20-13
May 27, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
Coordinator, Locations & Promotional Sales, Industry Office
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Manager, Industry Office, the Coordinator of Locations and Promotional Sales, will coordinate the pre-production and onsite operation efforts for all Industry Office locations. This position will also coordinate the sales and artwork production of promotional banners purchased by sales agents, producers, producer’s reps and national promotional agencies, with films in the official selection of The Festival.
• Coordinate outreach to potential promotional clients (sales agents, promotional agencies and producers)
• Find new sales of promotional opportunities
• Receive and pre-flight promotional artwork for printing in a timely manner
• Coordinate the distribution of film trade magazines throughout industry venues
• Liaise with suppliers and vendors on behalf of the Industry Office
• Coordinate the production of onsite Industry Office locations
• Coordinate the production of internally produced Industry Office graphic design collateral
• Liaise with National Promotional Agencies prior to and during the Festival
• Coordinate Industry Office relocation to off-site locations, including all and operational needs for Industry Office
• Coordinate site safety and security for all onsite Industry Office locations
• Write a detailed post-mortem
Contract Dates: July 2, 2013 – September 20, 2013
• Two years experience coordinating staff and delegating responsibilities
• Background in business administration or arts administration is considered an asset
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite in particular), and previous experience working with online database systems will be an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (oral and written) in a professional manner, and client oriented.
• Detail and process oriented with excellent administrative and organizational skills.
• Ability to respond to fast-changing priorities and deadlines and to accommodate a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
• Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
• Experience in project management and coordination of live events
• Understands the role TIFF plays in the annual film festival circuit
• Fluency in Adobe CS is considered an assets (particularly, Adobe Acrobat and Illustrator)
• Fluency in foreign language(s) considered an asset.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on June 10th BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Coordinator, Locations & Marketing, Industry Office
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.