Senior Coordinator, Advancement
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : June-17-13
- End Date : December-27-13
May 14, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
Senior Coordinator, Advancement
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premier centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Responsible for supporting Advancement’s financial and administrative operations, as well as support for the department’s information management systems relating to government grants, membership, major gifts, some special fundraising events, and other philanthropic donations. Oversee with support of Senior Manager, Advancement, Advancement revenue processing and receipting, revenue/expense reporting and forecasting, and prospect tracking and reporting. Liaise with Finance. Position to report to Senior Manager, Advancement and work with Philanthropy and Membership Director, and Government and Foundation Director and VP of Advancement.
• Fulfill weekly, monthly and year-end financial reporting requirements on a timely basis
• Supporting department in meeting annual revenue and expense targets
• Maintaining security and integrity of Advancement (constituents and membership) data
• Timely and accurate gift processing
• Accurate and secure cash handling and deposit
• Develop new tools and reports for trend analysis regarding various Advancement programs
• Compliance with CRA rules and guidelines
• Compliance with AFP Donor Bill of Rights and AFP Code of Ethical Principals and Standards
BUDGET and EXPENSE DEVELOPMENT
• Work with Advancement Directors and Sr. Managers to develop annual budget.
• Track department wide expenses against expense budgets.
• Make recommendation for monthly forecasting to the Senior Manager, Advancement and to Director, Government Foundation Relations and Director, Philanthropy.
REPORTING and BUSINESS ANALYTICS
• Design Query’s and Exports to meet Advancement needs
• Produce weekly Membership Report; Advancement YTD & Forecast Report
• Develop reports analyzing member (and member vs non-member) ticket purchase behaviour based on data from Titan or Salesforce as needed.
• Provide requested information to Finance for audits and financial filings.
• Assists with preparation of board reports and support Fundraising and Donor Relations Committee reporting as needed
• Ensure accurate and timely recording of all Donation and membership revenues in TIFF systems, and deposit of funds received by Advancement.
• Develop and enforce policy and guidelines for processing of all types of payment in Raiser’s Edge including memberships, event revenue, pledges, recurring gifts, split gifts, matching gifts, and restricted gifts (capital, endowment, program specific)
• Meet agreed upon targets for timely delivery of tax receipts and donation acknowledgements
• Oversee production of daily donation lists
• Ensure accurate entry of invoice requests into Netsuite
• Ensure maintenance of Advancement Operations manual
• Oversee Solicitor Assignments in Raiser’s Edge
• Facilitate the generation of donor profiles directly from Raiser’s Edge while supporting the maintenance and consistent use of Prospect Ratings, Prospect Status’ and Proposal Status’s in Raiser’s Edge
• Assist at Advancements events when with payment collection/processing and as requested
• Assist Donor Relations team with use of the Raiser’s Edge events module to meet their needs.
• Assist with securing lottery licenses and reporting as needed.
Contract Dates: June 17th – December 27, 2013
• University degree, community college diploma or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 2 years experience with budget management (forecasts, projections, analysis, reporting).
• Minimum of 2 years experience with Raiser’s Edge in gift processing or database administration capacity.
• Minimum 2 years experience in a fundraising setting
• Highly analytical with an ability to foresee new processes and departmental efficiencies including new tools and reporting
• Experience developing and implementing comprehensive cultivation, solicitation and stewardship management plans and systems.
• Strategic planner and thinker, creative and flexible problem solver, and highly organized.
• Independent self-starter with high initiative
• Experience in providing support to a major gifts team
• Able to respect and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• Consideration given to previous fundraising experience in the arts and an appreciation of film as a cultural art form.
• Understanding of ticketing systems or previous experience with Titan ticketing system an asset.
• adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on May 31st 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Senior Coordinator, Advancement
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.