Intern, Bell Blue Room
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : June-17-13
- End Date : August-23-13
May 14, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
Bell Blue Room (Member’s Lounge) Intern
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premier centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The Bell Blue Room Intern will be responsible for customer service, event and member engagement support, and reporting for the Advancement Department. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Advancement.
• Assist with the coordination and execution of TIFF Member activities within in the Bell Blue Room or for Member events
• Acts as an Ambassador for patrons visiting Bell Blue Room
• Engages and informs Members visiting the Bell Blue Room on TIFF Bell Lgithbox events and activations
• Assist with event set-up and tear down
• Assist with other P+M events are required
• Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary
• Tracks attendance
• Reviews and makes relevant to notes on operations of Bell Blue Room
• Support with data entry or other data services during off hours in the BBR
• Works with Volunteers for onsite support
• Assist with meeting minutes
• Other duties as assigned
Start Date: June 17th - August 23, 2013
• Minimum 1 year experience in Customer Service environment
• Dynamic and outgoing personality with sound judgment and discretion
• Exposure or experience with Titan or other ticketing system considered an asset
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Professional manner and “can-do” attitude, with the ability to think on your feet and adapt quickly to change
• Excellent attention to detail, timelines and objectives
• Strong project and people management skills
• Up to date knowledge of Events best practices and trends in the corporate and cultural sectors
• Ability to both work independently and in a team environment as well as the ability to both take and give direction effectively
• Understanding and commitment to Event Planning and Production as well as superior client servicing
• Adaptable to flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
• Accountable, ethical, demonstrates exceptional follow-through
• Ability to adopt flexible work hours Thursday-Sunday 2:30-10:30pm
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on May 31st 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Bell Blue Room (Member’s Lounge)
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.