Scheduling Coordinator, Festival Programming
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : July-02-13
- End Date : September-15-13
April 12, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
SCHEDULING COORDINATOR, FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
To provide all aspects of administrative support related to scheduling Festival screenings. To provide general administrative support to the Festival Programming department.
Shall include but not be limited to:
• Generating and tracking film schedule cards;
• Attending weekly Prog List Meetings & other meetings as required;
• Sending out weekly European Film Promotion updates;
• Assisting with data entry and proofing of the tentative and confirmed film schedule;
• Running the tentative and confirmed schedule board conflict checks;
• Assisting with the tentative and confirmed schedule notification processes;
• Coordinating and overseeing schedules of Programmers and Programming support staff during the Festival, including creating and running the screening intro and Q&A schedule, beginning with the tentative schedule board lock through to the end of the Festival;
• Assisting the Festival Programming department in other projects as requested;
• Writing a detailed post-mortem report.
Contract Dates: July 2, 2013-September 15, 2013
• 1-2 years experience in business administration or arts administration;
• Detail and process oriented with strong administrative and organizational skills;
• Precise memory for names, positions, companies and situations;
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
• Ability to handle difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace;
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel, and relational databases;
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Desire and ability to take initiative and coordinate projects;
• Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments with a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
• Previous experience in a festival setting considered an asset;
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on April 19, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Scheduling Coordinator, Festival Programming
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.