Submissions & Materials Assistant, Programme & Event Services
- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : February-11-13
January 7, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the full-time position of:
SUBMISSIONS AND MATERIALS ASSISTANT, PROGRAMME SERVICES
*Lead Candidate Identified*
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Programme Services Coordinator, the Submissions and Materials Assistant, Programme Services is responsible for processing submissions for all TIFF festivals, as well as administrative tasks related to the coordination of content for festival films and TIFF’s year-round programming.
• Receiving, processing and cataloguing submissions for all festivals
(TIFF Kids, TIFF Next Wave, the Festival) including creating and
maintaining accurate database records
• Communicating with submitters, providing information and trouble-shooting advice as necessary
• Creating and disseminating official decisions to filmmakers;
• Communicating changes to film credit information of invited films and updating tiff.net as necessary
• Assisting the Senior Programme Services Coordinator and Content & Materials Coordinators with other projects as required
Contacting the relevant filmmaker, programmer, sales agent or
distributor to confirm/solicit required information and materials as
related to TIFF Kids and other projects as necessary
• Generating and maintaining detailed film files
• Maintaining accurate database records
• Tracking incoming and/or missing information and materials
• Assisting the Programme Services department with other projects as requested
Start Date: February 11, 2013
• 2-3 years experience in an administrative environment, preferably in a creative arts setting;
• Proven ability to complete tasks within carefully defined parameters and strict deadlines;
• Good phone manner, communication fluency and interpersonal strengths
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including a keen eye for detail
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy
• Able to handle difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace
• Proficiency with computers and applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and FoxPro or similar relational database (Artifax knowledge preferred, but not required)
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Desire and ability to take initiative and coordinate projects
• Ability to take direction and apply to daily tasks
• Previous experience in a festival/event setting considered an asset
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Monday, January 14, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Submissions and Materials Assistant, Programme Services
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.