Assistant, Locations & Promotions
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : August-06-12
- End Date : September-16-12
July 6, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the contract position of:
Assistant, Locations and Promotional Sales
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Locations and Promotional Sales, the Assistant, Locations and Promotional Sales will assist with the pre-production and on-site operation efforts for all Sales & Industry Office locations. This position will also assist with the preparation and presentation of all promotional artwork & materials, furniture and technical equipment necessary for these locations, as well as overseeing the operational execution and coordination of volunteer staff at these sites throughout the festival.
• Assist with the coordination of print supplier communication for the timely production of promotional opportunities (posters, banners, trailers, etc.)
• Liaise with furniture and technical suppliers and vendors for the preparation of the TIFF Industry, pass pick-up office and national promotional booth
• Ensure the timely delivery and accurate inventory tracking of industry related publications for Sales & Industry Office locations.
• Respond to administrative servicing requests made by National Promotional Agencies on behalf of the Sales & Industry Office
• Assist with the relocation of Sales & Industry Office equipment to off-site locations
• Assist with all aspects volunteer labour resourcing (interviews, scheduling, etc.), on behalf of the Sales & Industry Office.
• Coordinate site safety and security for all on-site Sales & Industry Office locations
• Write a detailed post mortem
Contract Dates: August 6, 2012 – September 16, 2012
• Background in business administration or arts administration is considered an asset.
• Experience in event management and coordination considered an asset.
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite in particular), and previous experience working with online database systems will be an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (oral and written) in a professional and client-oriented manner is expected
• Detail and process oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to respond to fast-changing priorities and deadlines
• Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
• Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
• Fluency in foreign language(s) considered an asset, but not necessary
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on July 18th BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Assistant, Locations and Promotional Sales
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.