Digital Strategy Project Manager
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : July-30-12
- End Date : May-31-13
July 3, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
Digital Strategy Project Manager
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the VP, Communications & Content Management, the Project Manager will work very closely with the Content Management team as the organization’s short, medium and long term digital strategy is developed and executed. Working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, the Project Manager will be the focal point of contact as the organization strives to meet a number of ambitious goals as TIFF strives to become a leader in the digital realm.
• Direct and manage multiple, concurrent projects beginning to end.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and internal and external stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with key external resources on an as needed basis
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Determine and assess human resources needs if required in conjunction with Human Resources team and oversee recruitment during project cycle.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential obstacles, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Supervise staff, interns and volunteers working on this project
Contract Dates: July 2012 – May 31, 2013
• Minimum 6 years experience in Project Management with 5 years of experience in a digital environment
• Superior interpersonal skills and ability to deal with external partners in a professional manner
• Proven management and marketing skills
• Experience in leading large projects spanning across departments.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Strong administrative, writing and organizational skills
• Ability to oversee multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced, open-concept environment
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
• Strong interest in new media and digital technologies
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on July 13th 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Digital Strategy Project Manager
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.