Assistant Manager, Concessions
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : August-08-12
June 26, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the part-time position of:
Assistant Manager, Concessions
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The Assistant Manager, Concessions is responsible for daily concessions stand operations at TIFF Bell Light Box and reports to the Cinema Manager. The Assistant Manager, Concessions works closely with the Cinema Manager to ensure all policies and procedures are followed in the operations of the concession stand at TIFF Bell Light Box while maintaining excellent customer service standards.
• Responsible for all daily concessions operations.
• Order and receive stock, and maintain inventory.
• Ensure accurate deposits and provide Cinema manager with daily reports.
• Provide Cinema Manager with regular updates on sales, staffing and operations.
• Participate in training and on-going development and motivation the concessions team.
• Liaise with event staff, to coordinate concession orders and presentation.
• Ensure all TIFF policies and procedures are followed.
• Monitor the comments and suggestions of visitors.
• With the Cinema Manager develop operational policies and procedures and staff training programs.
• Lead, coach and motivate staff to provide an exceptional customer service.
• Be committed to maintaining inventory and operational standards.
• Maintain knowledge of the TIFF Bell Lightbox, its programming and facilities.
• Complete assigned tasks effectively and promptly.
• Perform duties of a stand lead as required.
Start Date: August 8th, 2012
• 2 years experience in a management or supervisory position.
• 2 years experience in food and beverage service
• Strong cash handling and inventory management skills.
• Strong communication and leadership capabilities.
• Experience with TIFF Bell Lightbox operations an asset.
• Working knowledge of Counterpoint and Artifax are assets.
• SmartServe is an asset.
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and some early mornings.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on July 20th BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Assistant Manager, Concessions
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.