Assistant Manager, Cinemas
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : August-29-12
June 26, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time contract position of:
Assistant Manager, Cinemas
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The Assistant Manager, Cinemas is responsible for providing administrative support to the Cinemas Department, Toronto International Film Festival, TIFF Kids and TIFF Next Wave. The Assistant Manager, Cinemas assists in the development and implementation of Policies and Procedures relating to Cinema and Festival operations.
• Create weekly schedule for Concessions, Cinema and Gallery staff shifts.
• Communicate with, and gather information from, Events and Programming Departments and disseminate this information to appropriate individuals.
• Compile detailed informational spreadsheets on screening information.
• Maintain accurate payroll documentation.
• Create forms, memos and informational paperwork as required including databases and spreadsheets.
• Report regularly to the Cinema Manager any staffing, scheduling or events updates.
• Provide support to Cinema Manager and Theatre Staff Coordinator during staff hiring including database management, payroll input and general administrative duties.
• Request and supervise volunteers for office staff as required.
• Supervise Intern in the creation of flowcharts of film information for in-house Festivals.
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of Procedural and Staff Manuals.
• Attend varied production and committee meetings and when necessary represent the Cinemas Department.
• Provide overall administrative support for the Cinemas Department.
• Occasionally perform duties as an Assistant Cinema Manager ensuring smooth and efficient operation of the cinemas and a clean and safe environment for all customers and guests.
• Maintain an office environment which is efficient, organized and friendly.
• Other duties as assigned
Start Date: August 29th, 2012
• 2 years experience in a management or supervisory position.
• 2 years venue, theatre or cinema experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and leadership capabilities.
• Advanced MS Word, Excel and Gmail user.
• Experience coordinating large events is an asset.
• Customer Service experience is an asset.
• Experience with TIFF Bell Lightbox operations an asset.
• Working knowledge of Counterpoint and Artifax are assets.
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and some early mornings.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on August 8th BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Assistant Manager, Cinemas
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.