Assistant, Airport Ground Transportation
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : August-20-12
- End Date : September-16-12
June 26, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
Assistant, Airport Ground Transportation
Guest Services Department
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Guest Services, the Assistant will facilitate the airport ground transportation needs of each guest identified by the Festival. This position is to ensure all guests are flagged for pick up and greeted at the airport and delivered to their assigned hotels.
• Liaise with other departments/staff regarding ground pick up/drop off requirements of guests.
• Support Coordinator, Airport Ground Transportation whenever necessary.
• Ensuring that invited guests of the Festival are booked and scheduled for their airport transfers.
• Ensuring that all guest travel information is captured and entered into the Festival database.
• Assist with scheduling drivers and client communications.
• Assist with coordinating VIP pickups
• Act as liaison between Ground Airport Transportation Coordinator and publicists, assistants, etc.
• Maintain and email/fax daily schedules to airport authorities as necessary.
• Assist with communicating to Airport Supervisors and volunteers regarding schedule and airport shifts.
• Accommodate last minute or unscheduled transfers of guests where possible.
• Assist with preparing and conducting the Airport Volunteer Session including develop handout outline expectations/ instructions for the volunteers.
• Meet with Airport Supervisors to become familiar with airport and terminals.
• Work cooperatively with Guest Services staff and other departments contributing to a team attitude and environment
• Assist in the move to the Hotel, set up and clean up.
• Provide post mortem materials/feedback by the end of contract.
Contract Dates: Monday August 20 through Friday September 16, 2012
• Previous experience in ground transportation an asset.
• Exceptional background in customer services is required.
• Previous experience in Travel and Hospitality preferred.
• Holds a G class license is preferred.
• Previous experience with a live event and/or festival preferred.
• Strong computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office and databases).
• Strong organizational skills with extreme attention to detail.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills. ie. Phone, email and in person
• Detail oriented and numerical aptitude is a must.
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy, and ability to handle confidential information.
• Enjoys fast paced multi tasking work environment.
• Exceptional ability and desire to work under deadline pressures.
• Able to handle emergencies and difficult situations with confidence and grace.
• Must be available to work all 10-daysof the Festival, Sept 6-16
• Willing to adjust work schedule as required to meet established deadlines including evenings and weekends
• Fluency in language(s) considered an asset.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Friday July 13, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: ASSISTANT, AIRPORT GROUND TRANSPORTATION, GUEST SERVICES
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.