Virtual Exhibit Project Manager
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : July-14-12
- End Date : November-20-13
June 21, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
Virtual Exhibit Project Manager
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The Project Manager will develop a virtual exhibit which explores issues around the cinematic craft and media literacy through a comprehensive collection of learning objects including film clips, interviews, timelines, and other interactive elements. The site will allow users to experience various cinematic universes created by a legendary Canadian director, within an experiential online environment featuring a virtual clinic, film scene, interactive timeline and comprehensive wiki. The site is expected to use a combination of social media technologies, locative services, and 3D-photo modeling technology to produce an intimate experience with critical learning objectives for secondary students and fans across the country.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Determine and assess human resources needs in conjunction with Human Resources team and oversee recruitment during project cycle.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential obstacles, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Supervise staff, interns and volunteers working on this project
Contract Dates: July 14th 2012 – November 20, 2013
• Minimum 6 years experience in Project Management with 5 years in website development
• Experience with academic institutions and curriculum based learning
• Superior interpersonal skills and ability to deal with external partners in a professional manner
• Experience in Event Coordination and Management
• Proven management and marketing skills
• Experience in leading large projects spanning across departments.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Strong administrative, writing and organizational skills
• Ability to oversee multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced, open-concept environment
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Advanced technical skills including computer skills, production and new media equipment and vocabulary
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
• Strong interest in film production, new media, and digital technologies
• Familiarity and previous project work experience with grant requirements and needs
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on July 9th 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Virtual Exhibit Project Manager
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.