- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : August-13-12
- End Date : September-23-12
June 20, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, has 2 openings for the contract position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Festival Venue Logistics Coordinator, the Theatre Driver will be responsible for providing safe and reliable transportation and service to ensure that all logistic planning and execution are completed successfully in a timely manner during the Festival.
We are looking for candidates who: possess a strong knowledge of the Greater Toronto Area, have a clean driving record, are detail oriented, work well in a fast-paced environment, and have a willingness to learn quickly and be part of a busy team while working independently.
Shall include, but not limited to:
• The safe operation of vehicle(s), including daily and overnight parking, fuelling and maintenance as per rental agreements. Prompt reporting and recording of accidents or damage.
• Monitor petty cash in an organized timely manner for easy reconciliation.
• As dispatched, pick up and return of vehicles, equipment and supplies from suppliers, renters, storage, offices, etc. This will include loading and unloading of the items.
• As dispatched, aid in inventory control, sorting, organizing, etc.
• During the Festival, the Theatre Drivers will play an intricate role in set up and tear down of all Theatre Venues and will have daily runs to various venues as dispatched.
• Responsible for time-management and navigation.
Driver #1: August 13, 2012 – September 23, 2012
Driver #2: September 4, 2012 – September 19, 2012
• A valid Ontario driver’s license and a clean driving record is a must.
• Comfortable operating a large cargo van.
• Must be a minimum of 25 years of age.
• Ability to recognize and prioritize vehicle maintenance needs with safety as a priority
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing policies and procedures
• Competent knowledge of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and general navigation skills
• Some minor handyman skills, considered an asset
• Punctual and dependable
• Able to lift heavy items as needed (30-50lbs)
• Excellent communication skills, positive and pleasant manner
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and problem solve
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Previous experience working as a driver for large events, considered an asset
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some nights and weekends
Please submit a cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs) by: 5pm on Friday, July 13, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of: Hiring Committee: THEATRE DRIVER
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter which contract start date you are applying for.
Also, please note where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.