- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : July-16-12
- End Date : October-12-12
June 20, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Publicist will develop and execute tactical publicity plans for TIFF programmes as well as maintain and enhance the organization’s reputation with the media through proactive outreach.
• Generate press coverage for TIFF’s year-round programming and Festival portfolio as assigned
• Develop and execute tactical communication plans for TIFF programmes that reflect the organization’s vision and mission. Includes setting critical paths, project management, and measuring and monitoring outcomes
• Develop and maintain relationships with members of the local, national and international media
• Write, edit, and circulate press releases, media information packages and other communications materials (including FAQs, key messages and correspondence)
• Provide support for corporate communications
• Liaise with programmers on all activities as required
• Prepare accurate, thorough, and timely publicity reports and post-mortem reports for internal and external audiences.
Contract Dates: July 16 to October 12, 2012 (13 weeks)
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism or related field and 3 years media relations/publicity experience
• Previous experience with in the entertainment industry, visual arts and/or film industry a strong asset
• Exemplary organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Superior analytical thinking and reasoning skills
• Superior communications skills, tact and diplomacy
• Established relationships with local, national and international entertainment media outlets and journalists
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, résumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Wednesday, June 27 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Publicist
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.