- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : July-16-12
- End Date : September-23-12
June 8, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the contract position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history and the 37th annual Toronto International Film Festival®
Reporting to Senior Manager, Sponsorship, the Sponsorship Assistant will be responsible for providing overall administrative support to the Sponsorship team, assisting with sponsor activations and reserved sponsor seating during the Festival as well as several small projects during eth contract.
This position is suited to an individual with a desire to learn more about sponsorship, promotion and marketing practices. We are looking for candidates who possess a strong customer-service orientation, attention to detail, and a willingness to learn quickly and be part of a busy team.
• Performing general administrative duties, such as meeting minutes, photocopying, preparing mailings, filing, coordinating courier pick-up/delivery and maintaining sponsor lists
• Assisting with the coordination and execution of sponsor-related deliveries (signage, sponsor samples, etc.)
• Creating "reserved" sponsor seating and reserved seating charts
• Assist in sponsor deliveries and sponsor event setup
• Coordinate sponsor photo collection with photographer
• Coordinate database of Sponsor contests & promotions
• Facilitating positive relationships between all constituents (sponsors, TIFF theatre staff, volunteers, venue staff) and ensuring all receive exemplary customer service
• Position may include some lifting of up to 30lbs
• Compiling materials for sponsor thank-you packages
In all matters relating to sponsorship, the Sponsorship Assistant will ensure that all information is handled in an ethical and confidential manner.
Contract Dates: July 16, 2012 – September 23, 2012
• Post secondary degree (focus on business or arts administration preferred) OR equivalent work experience.
• Extraordinary attention to detail.
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office Suite)
• Strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant demeanor.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a polished manner (particularly on the phone).
• Previous experience working with volunteers considered an asset.
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on June 18 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: SPONSORSHIP ASSISTANT
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.