- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : July-09-12
- End Date : August-17-12
June 4, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the contract position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Content & Community Coordinator, the Image Coordinator is the key person checking, cropping, and colour correcting images selected for use in both print and web platforms
• Maintain, organize and archive digital image files as well as keep a working mirror of original files
• for other departments
• Archive all original and edited images in a well organized manner
• Coordinate with other departments in the selection of images
• Colour correct and format stills and logos; deliver images to printers and staff working on various
• Toronto International Film Festival publications and website, according to schedule
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and proficiency in other Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator,
• InDesign, etc.) as well as with the Mac platform
Contract Dates: July 9 – August 17, 2012
• Experience working on large-scare, deadline-driven projects
• Previous experience with pre=press digital image preparation and colour correction required
• Experience working on large-scale, deadline-driven projects
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and proficiency in other Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) as well as with the Mac platform
• Excellent organizational, time management, communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines
• Must be a team player and work well in a collaborative environment
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on June 22 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: IMAGE COORDINATOR
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.