- Position Type : Contract
- Department : Communications
- Start Date : July-23-12
- End Date : September-16-12
June 1, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
This is an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, the Festival Publicist manages press activity for Festival films, with a focus on Canadian feature and short films, as well as industry programming for the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival.
• Proactively pitches and manages communications outreach for designated programming
• Coordinates and facilitates interview requests for designated programming
• Effectively manages current relationships with media and external stakeholders
• Maintains and develops new relationships with members of the consumer and trade media
• In conjunction with the Communications team, liaises with studios and studio publicists as required
• Writes and edits press releases as well as external and internal documents, as required
• Prepares accurate, thorough, and timely reports
• Prepares a final report and analysis.
Contract Dates: July 23 to September 16, 2012
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism or related field and 2-3 years of media relations experience
• Established relationships with local, national and international entertainment media outlets and journalists, including consumer and trade media
• Knowledge and understanding of Canadian film industry
• Superior communications skills, tact and diplomacy
• Fluency in French a strong asset
• Strong writing skills
• Exemplary organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Superior analytical thinking and reasoning skills
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé, and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on June 15, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Festival Publicist
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.