Coordinator, Guest & Event Services
- Position Type : Contract
- Department : Guest Relations Office
- Start Date : July-09-12
- End Date : September-16-12
May 15, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
COORDINATOR, GUEST SERVICES
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Guest Services Coordinator will assist invited guests and attendees of the Toronto International Film Festival with booking their hospitality needs including organizing their accommodation, travel, ground transportation and accreditation needs.
Shall include but not be limited to:
• Gather and manage information from our guests with regards to their accommodation, travel and arrangements once in Toronto.
• Perform data entry utilizing the Festival database (Artifax).
• Provide consistent and accurate information to the guest(s) and internal TIFF departments.
• Provide assistance and guidance to guests (Guest Pass pick-up, questions)
• Work cooperatively with Guest Services Office staff and other departments contributing to a team attitude and environment.
• Maintain professional and amicable relations with the guests and external partners/contacts.
• Assist in the move to the Festival Production space, set up and clean up; may include some physical work, i.e. moving tables; file boxes and helping set up computers
• Service the Guest Services Office on-site during TIFF
• Write a detailed post mortem following the Festival.
Contract Dates: Monday July 9 through Sunday September 16, 2012
• Minimum 1 year experience working in a Festival/event management environment.
• 2+ years of exceptional background in customer services is required.
• 2+ years of hospitality industry experience or event coordinating is preferred.
• 2+ years experience in managing/assisting VIP guests is preferred.
• Post-secondary education in film or hospitality considered an asset.
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office and previous experience working with databases will be an asset (some on site training will be required).
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy, and ability to handle confidential information.
• Able to handle emergencies, difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace.
• Strong ability and desire to work under deadline pressures.
• Ability to function as an effective team member, demonstrating initiative in a fast-paced, high volume environment adapting to changing client needs and manage competing priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (oral and written) in a professional manner, and client oriented (phone and email particularly).
• Detail and process oriented with excellent administrative and organizational skills.
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
• Fluency in foreign language(s) considered an asset
• Available to work for the entire 10 days of the Festival
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Monday May 28, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: COORDINATOR, GUEST SERVICES
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.