Coordinator, Programme & Event Services
- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : June-18-12
May 15, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
COORDINATOR, PROGRAMME & EVENT SERVICES
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of the unique programming in the world’s premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Programme & Event Services, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Programme & Event Services team in the production and execution of TIFF events, as assigned.
Shall include but not be limited to:
• Liaise with Partner Festival organizations and ensure successful execution of their events in TIFF Bell Lightbox.
• Coordinate TIFF Bell Lightbox internally programmed events; 3rd party and festival related events Coordinate all aspects of event production, including event itinerary, speaker timing, audiovisual/ tech requirements, front of house support, invitations, catering (if applicable), and content deliveries;
• Serve as a hub for internal and external event information collection and dissemination
• Coordinate all aspects of building facilities support required for events (i.e. security, cleaning)
• Coordinate on-site production set up and close out events as required;
• Prepare programme materials, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.;
• Assist in the creation and implementation of sales strategies and corporate sales;
• Generate contracts, track event information and finances including cheque requests, invoicing, and reporting in internal database;
• Coordinate tours of facilities;
• Provide event reports and analysis to the appropriate Senior Manager;
• Other related duties as required.
Start Date: June 18, 2012
• University degree, community college diploma or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 2 years experience in the area of Events Planning and Production.
• Minimum 2 years experience in a Film Festival environment.
• Familiarity with front-of-house, technical, box office, sponsorship, marketing and communications requirements of large scale events.
• Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Dynamic and outgoing personality with sound judgment and discretion. Professional manner and “can-do” attitude.
• Excellent attention to detail, budgets, timelines, and objectives;
• Strong project management skills; well developed administrative and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize.
• Ability to both work independently and in a team environment as well as the ability to both take direction and show initiative;
• Understanding and commitment to superior client servicing;
• Well developed interpersonal and public relations skills.
• At least 3 years experience with office administrative management an asset;
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on May 21, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: COORDINATOR, PROGRAMME & EVENT SERVICES
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.