Festival Marketing Intern
- Position Type : Intern
- Start Date : June-25-12
- End Date : September-21-12
May 14, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time, paid, intern position of:
FESTIVAL MARKETING INTERN
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager the Festival Marketing Intern will work in a fast-paced environment, assisting with promotions and advertising for the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival. This internship is an ideal opportunity for a student or recent graduate of an applicable degree or diploma programme in marketing.
Shall include but not be limited to:
• Manage outreach to partner organizations, film festivals, & community groups to promote Festival films and programmes
• Execute email campaigns
• Social media support
• Coordinate departmental volunteer activity
• Assist with the execution of branding set-up at various Festival venues
• Assist with collecting internal ads and information for Festival publications
• Assist with media execution (briefing ads, routing for sign-off, etc)
• Assist in other day-to-day marketing and administrative tasks
Contract Dates: June 25, 2012 to September 21, 2012
• Currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of an applicable degree or diploma programme in marketing
• Flexible work schedule, some evening work and weekend work is required
• Superior oral and written communication skills, excellent phone manner
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage time effectively and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proficiency with computer applications (Microsoft Office, Gmail and database applications preferred)
• Familiarity with Festival programming considered an asset
• Interest in film considered an asset
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on Friday, May 25, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs) to the attention of Hiring Committee: FESTIVAL MARKETING INTERN
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.