Junior Graphic Designer
- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : May-28-12
May 4, 2011
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, has an opening for a full-time position of:
JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
*Lead Candidate Identified*
This is an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Creative Services, this position’s primary function is to generate ideas, conceptualize and present creative campaigns (print and web) for all TIFF initiatives. The Graphic Designer will be actively involved in executing tactical elements of campaigns as requested by Marketing and other departments within the organization.
• Assist in the design and production of creative campaigns (including logo design) in response to marketing briefs
• Partner with Editorial and Creative Services departments to bring work to life
• Revise campaign concepts based on feedback until all stakeholders are satisfied
• Produce all collateral requested in the tactical plan (i.e. print ads, banners, brochures, flyers, posters, etc.) ensuring creative, branding and sponsor recognition requirements are met
• Ensure the production cycle is accurately followed including initial layout, proofing, sign-off, revision, pre-flighting and preparation of print-ready artwork
• Help manage all creative graphic elements for aesthetic continuity throughout the organization; maintain digital files, archives and create usage documents/guidelines
Start Date: May 2012
• Design experience in a creative or studio environment
• Graphic design degree or diploma an asset
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
• Comfortable working on the Mac platform
• General understanding of editorial workflow
• Excellent organizational, time management, communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines
• Must be a team player, have a positive attitude and work well in a collaborative environment
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, CV, portfolio and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on MAY 14th BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.