Docent Programme Coordinator
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : May-21-12
- End Date : March-29-13
April 25, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
DOCENT PROGRAMME COORDINATOR
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Manager, Volunteer & Intern Resources the Docent Programme Coordinator will be responsible for liaising with various internal departments and external constituents concerned with implementing pilot elements of the TIFF Bell Lightbox Docent Programme.
The primary focus of this position will be the effective recruitment, selection, training and supervision of a team of volunteer docents. TIFF defines a docent as: a volunteer who leads the public into a deeper experience of our programming through guided tours, discussions, Q&A sessions and other related activities
• Manage the recruitment, selection and performance of Docent Programme volunteers
• Liaise with programming teams to develop material for group tours and public engagement activities related to exhibitions and film programming at TIFF Bell Lightbox
• Develop and deliver dynamic training modules to groups of staff and volunteers based on guidelines provided by programming teams
• Liaise with customer relations and exhibitions teams to complete a schedule of docent/public engagement volunteer-led activities for the fall 2012 programming calendar
• Logistical coordination of group tours and public engagement activities
• Track performance of group tour and public engagement activities, provide detailed analysis for programme development
• Other administrative tasks, as required
Contract Dates: May 21, 2012 to March 29, 2013 (46-week contract)
• Two or more years of proven experience directly managing volunteers
• One or more years of proven experience providing training and instruction to staff and/or volunteers
• Strong writing and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable speaking in front of large groups, ability to present material with confidence
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with outreach to diverse communities
• Familiarity with best-practices related to gallery operations considered an asset
• Undergraduate degree in art history, fine arts or museum studies (or equivalent employment experience) an asset
• Experience working with the public and providing effective customer service considered an asset
• Familiarity with TIFF Bell Lightbox programming considered an asset
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Thursday, May 10, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: DOCENT PROGRAMME COORDINATOR
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.