Festival Venue Logistics Coordinator
- Position Type : Contract
- Department : Unknown
- Reporting To : Unknown
- Start Date : May-28-12
- End Date : October-05-12
April 23, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization is accepting applications for the contract position of:
FESTIVAL VENUE LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
This will be another exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Festival Venue Logistics Manager, this position will coordinate the procurement of all supplies, services, equipment, and generate logistics information for dissemination to ensure the successful execution of all venue activities within the Festival footprint.
• Develop a basic schedule of logistical activities for the Festival
• Provide administrative support, including attending meetings, taking minutes, creating forms, memos and informational paperwork as required
• Cost items and maintain budget lines as assigned in order to rent or purchase venue related needs
• Ensure the Festival venues receive all rental equipment, signage and other supplies as required; maintaining inventory at all times to ensure accurate returns
• Organize and supervise Venue Drivers and their daily schedules
• Communicate with Venue Managers concerning rental and print traffic deliveries
• Collect relevant information from other TIFF Festival Departments and disseminate within the Production & Visitor Experience Department
• Oversee venue related parking and/or street permit needs including obtain parking permits, street permits, street closures and all related information
• Liaise with Toronto Police and coordinate paid duty officer needs
• Coordinate on site venue and red carpet set ups and strikes
• Supervise return of all vehicles and venue and departmental supplies, signage, barricades, etc.
Contract Dates: May 28, 2012 – October 5, 2012
• Experience in Event Production and Logistics Coordination
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Excellent verbal, written, and inter-personal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with Artifax an asset
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on May 4th, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Festival Venue Logistics Coordinator
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.