Festival Venue Logistics Manager
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : May-21-12
- End Date : October-14-12
April 23, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting is accepting applications for the contract position of:
FESTIVAL VENUE LOGISTICS MANAGER
This will be another exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Vice President of Production and Visitor Experience, the Festival Venue Logistics Manager is responsible for the planning, execution, and management of non- technical production set-ups at all Festival venues including coordinating non-technical production details and budgeting.
• Project manage use of David Pecaut Square and all other outdoor Festival venues
• Liaise with Venue Managers of rental venues within the Festival footprint to coordinate production policies, procedures and set-up schedules before, during and after the Festival; communicating all logistic information to relevant TIFF departments
• In conjunction with the Vice President of Production and Visitor Experience, develop and implement all security policies and procedures for venues; coordinating with the Director of Patron Services to ensure TIFF’s Festival Emergency Plan is in effect at all festival venues
• Supervise the Festival Logistics Coordinator to ensure relevant supplies, signage and paperwork is created, collected and delivered to venues; all equipment rentals have been ordered, delivered, inventoried and returned
• Liaise with TIFF’s Customer Service and Event Ticketing (CRET) and IT Departments to ensure remote set-ups and operations are on schedule efficient and functioning at optimum throughout the Festival
• Liaise with TIFF’s Volunteer Department to ensure venues have appropriately scheduled shift times and accurate volunteer numbers for required tasks
• Provided updated information to be included in relevant staff training manuals and materials
• Oversee maintenance of Festival logistics critical path for the department
• Forecast and administer non-technical production budgets
• Attend relevant meetings within and on behalf of TIFF regarding Festival logistics
• Gather post mortem information from relevant TIFF departments, Venue Staff and Managers and integrate this information into written and oral communication for internal use, future training and reports
• Other similar duties in support of the Vice President of Production and Visitor Experience’s role in production of the Festival
Contract Dates: May 2012 – October 2012
• 5 + years of Event Management & Production experience
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Excellent verbal, written, and inter-personal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with Artifax an asset
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on May 4th, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Festival Venue Logistics Manager
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.