Manager, Festival Box Office
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : June-04-12
- End Date : September-22-12
April 23, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for, the contract position of:
Manager, Festival Box Office
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The Manager, Festival Box Office will manage day to day box office operations at the Festival Box Office. Reporting directly to the Assistant Manager, Festivals, this person will lead and direct all staff and volunteers, as well as assist in managing the logistical set up of the Festival Box Office. They will inform and uphold box office policies of the CRET department and of the organization while promoting high standards of customer service.
• Work with the Assistant Manager, Festivals to create and execute a training plan for all staff.
• Assist in the organization and execution of the CRET Festival Job Fair and hiring process.
• Providing direct coaching, training and management to support the Festival Box Office assistant managers, lines managers, supervisors and ticket agents.
• Handling escalating customer complaints that are beyond the assistant manager’s capacities at the Festival Box Office.
• Upholding box office ticketing policies and ensuring they are employed in alignment with organizational standards.
• Overseeing Tytix/Titan ticketing systems and escalating technical issues to the IT department.
• Responsible for daily deposits, financial reconciliations, and safe balancing.
• Investigating and resolving transaction-level discrepancies.
• Ensuring accurate accounting and data collection.
• Report details of inquiries, comments, and complaints.
• Conduct filing, sorting, and organizing of materials.
• Perform some light lifting as required.
• Participate in post mortem note consolidation and Festival wrap up.
Contract Dates: - June 4, 2012 - September 22, 2012
• Advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel, internet navigation, Titan and Tytix ticketing systems.
• 3 or more years experience working in customer service and 2 or more years in a box office supervisory or managerial role.
• Must be comfortable in a leadership role.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good critical thinking skills.
• Openness to learn and work in a team environment with a positive attitude.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Skilled with the reconciliation of financials.
• Adaptable to a flexible working schedule, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on May 10, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Manager, Festival Box Office
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.