Content & Materials Coordinator
- Position Type : Contract
- Department : Unknown
- Reporting To : Unknown
- Start Date : June-18-12
- End Date : August-17-12
April 23, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
CONTENT & MATERIALS COORDINATOR, PROGRAMME AND EVENT SERVICES
*2 positions available*
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Programme Services Coordinator, Programme and Event Services, the Content & Materials Coordinators are responsible for ensuring that all information and materials required by the Toronto International Film Festival from invited films for its various publications, and for promotional and scheduling purposes, is accurate and are received and distributed according to established critical paths and workflows.
• Fact-checking and formatting film credit information and Programme Book notes;
• Contacting the relevant filmmaker, programmer, sales agent or distributor to confirm/solicit required information and materials;
• Generating and maintaining detailed film files;
• Maintaining accurate database records;
• Tracking incoming and/or missing information and materials.
Contract Dates for 1 positions: June 18, 2012 to August 17, 2012
Contract Dates for 1 position: June 25, 2012 to August 24, 2012
• 2-3 years experience in an administrative environment, preferably in a creative arts setting;
• Proven ability to complete tasks within carefully defined parameters and strict deadlines;
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including a keen eye for detail;
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment;
• Experience conducting research in the arts;
• Experience using relational databases;
• Prior work experience on a project of comparable size and scope is highly preferred;
• Previous experience in a festival/event setting considered an asset;
• Thorough knowledge of both Canadian and international cinema and film industries considered an asset;
• Editorial experience considered an asset;
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on April 30, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Content & Materials Coordinator, Programme and Event Services
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.