Assistant, Programme & Event Services
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : May-28-12
- End Date : August-03-12
April 23, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
ASSISTANT, PROGRAMME AND EVENT SERVICES
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Programme Services Coordinator, Programme and Event Services, the Assistant, Programme and Event Services is responsible for administrative tasks relating to the coordination of invited films for the Toronto International Film Festival, as well as for year-round programming at TIFF Bell Lightbox.
• Generating, submitting, and tracking OFRB classification requests, beginning at the contact start date through to the confirmed schedule board lock in the week of August 6;
• Assisting with data entry and proofing of the Festival film schedule;
• Assisting with the proofing the Official Film Schedule and Press & Industry Guide;
• Maintaining data integrity as related to internal programming;
• Auditing execution of internal processes;
• Collecting and organizing content related to TIFF Bell Lightbox programming;
• Managing TIFF Bell Lightbox listings;
• Assisting the Programme and Event Services department with other projects as requested;
Contract Dates: May 28, 2012 to August 3, 2012
• Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail;
• Good phone manner, communication fluency and interpersonal strengths;
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including a keen eye for detail;
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
• Able to handle difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace;
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment;
• Ability to handle difficult situations with aplomb and grace;
• Proficiency with computers and applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and FoxPro or similar relational database (Artifax knowledge preferred, but not required);
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Desire and ability to take initiative and coordinate projects;
• Ability to take direction and apply to daily tasks.
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on April 30, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Assistant, Programme and Event Services
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.