- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : May-21-12
- End Date : December-28-12
April 19, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for contract hourly position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The Facilities Assistant will be responsible for coordinating and performing maintenance duties, including painting, shipping and set up, as outlined below to ensure the smooth operation of TIFF Bell Lightbox.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Repairs to the building, for example: drywall repairs, painting and minor plumbing.
• Helping and coordinating with the shipping department when needed.
• Setup and coordination with event staff when needed.
• Building maintenance, including the replacement of light bulbs, painting, general repairs, etc...
• Installing and configuring new network cable for IT when installing or removing workstations
• Responding to assigned Hub cases and special projects assigned by facilities manager.
• Retracting seats in Cinema 5 for events, and events set-up.
• Work with various contractors to ensure work is being done.
• Working with security, as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Contract Dates: May – Dec. 31, 2012
• 3-5 years general maintenance experience
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Painting and drywall repair experience
• Versatility and flexibility in work assignments
• High attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Friday April 27 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Facilities Assistant
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.