Volunteer Resources Intern (2 positions available)
- Position Type : Intern
- Department : Volunteer
- Start Date : June-04-12
- End Date : September-21-12
April 16, 2012
The Toronto International Film Festival, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the paid full-time contract position of:
VOLUNTEER RESOURCES INTERN
(2 positions available)
This paid internship position is ideal for a student or recent graduate of an applicable degree or diploma programme in Volunteer Management or Arts Administration.
Reporting to either the Senior Coordinator or Coordinator, Volunteer & Intern Resources, the Volunteer Resources Intern position is an opportunity for the candidate to apply their skills and knowledge in the field of volunteer management and obtain an understanding of TIFF activities.
• Maintain accurate volunteer shift schedules on behalf of each volunteer in the database
• Run queries and reports from the volunteer database
• Provide prompt responses to volunteer inquiries received by e-mail, phone and in person
• Assist a team of staff in supervising and training volunteers in a very busy office
• Assist in organizing and running volunteer orientation and training sessions
• Assist Volunteer Office team with tasks as requested
• Help to maintain a fun and positive office environment for volunteers
• Prepare a detailed post-mortem report before the end of the contract
In all matters relating to volunteer information systems, the Volunteer Resources Intern will ensure that all information is handled in an ethical and confidential manner.
Contract Dates: June 4, 2012 to September 21, 2012 (16 weeks) - The intern will be expected to work 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) during regular business hours. Some weekend and evening work may be required (hours worked in the evening or weekend will be offered time in lieu during regular work hours).
• An interest in volunteer management or arts administration and/or applicable education or experience
• Data entry experience and high computer proficiency (spreadsheets, e-mail and Internet)
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to frequently changing priorities
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team of staff and volunteers
• Ability to multi-task in a busy open-concept work environment with frequent interruptions
• Strong verbal and written proficiency in English
• Comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to accommodate a schedule that requires some evening and weekend work
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Monday, April 30, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: VOLUNTEER RESOURCES INTERN
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
ABOUT TIFF INTERNSHIPS:
The internship program at TIFF is committed to providing our interns with the experience and skills necessary to better their career opportunities. We recognize that the primary objective of the internship is that the intern gain valuable on-the-job training and/or experience. We therefore offer regular progress meetings with our interns as well as information interviews with TIFF staff. The TIFF Volunteer & Intern Resources Department distributes all volunteering and internship opportunities.
TIFF is a charitable, cultural, and educational organization devoted to celebrating excellence in film and the moving image. We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential. TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.