- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : June-04-12
- End Date : September-21-12
April 16, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting
applications for the contract position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Manager, Industry Programming, the Industry Programmer will be responsible for the planning and execution of Industry events including but not limited to panel discussions at Filmmakers’ Lounge and other Industry-related activities leading up to and during the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival.
• Organize and execute all panel sessions at Filmmakers' Lounge
• Organize and execute other Industry initiatives at Filmmakers’ Lounge (CMPA Awards etc.)
Book guest speakers for other Industry initiatives, as required
• Help organize and execute Filmmaker Boot Camp
Assist with organization of Doc Conference
• Write programming notes on panel discussions and other initiatives for Industry Programming publications and website
• Communicate with internal departments regarding critical path deadlines for Industry Programming events, publications and website
• Provide, maintain and grow database of contacts both domestically and internationally cultivating long term relationships that can provide opportunities for partnering with, consulting, speaking, attending events, guest visits and jury for Canadian Initiatives events.
Supervise Industry Programming Assistant
Contract Dates: June 4, 2012 - September 21, 2012
• Minimum 5 years experience in the film industry (international and domestic preferred)
• 5 years management and administrative experience.
• Strong knowledge of domestic and international film distribution & marketing, film funding practices, co-productions and international film festivals and industry markets
• Strong familiarity with domestic and international filmmakers
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to maintain satisfying industry and international relationships and contacts
• Live event and special event production experience is preferred
• Exceptional computer skills, with significant experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
• Experience with large databases an asset
• Exemplary communication and organizational skills with natural ability to work efficiently on many projects with varying deadlines, and anticipate priorities
• Previous experience with production, broadcast, publicity, distribution, cultural agency and film studies is an asset
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on April 30th, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: INDUSTRY PROGRAMMER
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.