Assistant, Volunteer & Intern Resources
- Position Type : Contract
- Department : Volunteer
- Start Date : June-04-12
- End Date : September-21-12
April 4, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
ASSISTANT, VOLUNTEER & INTERN RESOURCES
* Lead candidate identified *
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Volunteer & Intern Resources, the Assistant will provide administrative and on-site event support. The Assistant will work as a crucial part of the Volunteer Office team, which is accountable for the recruitment, training, scheduling, and supervision of over 2000 volunteers TIFF will engage to help execute TIFF Festival ‘12. This position will have a specific focus on recruiting, scheduling, training and supervising theatre volunteers.
• Assist with the intake of online volunteer applications and management of returning volunteer accounts in the volunteer database during the recruitment period
• Assist the Coordinator and Senior Assistant in liaising with Theatre Operations staff on protocol and schedules for theatre volunteers during the Festival
• Track all volunteer attendance, cancellations, rewards, and performance leading up to and during TIFF Festival ‘12
• Ensure all volunteer records in the volunteer database are up-to-date and accurate
• Participate in the training and supervision of interns, co-op students and volunteers working in the Volunteer Office
• Assist in facilitating Festival Volunteer Orientation Sessions, training sessions and volunteer team meetings
• Communicate TIFF Festival policies and information to large groups of people
• Assist Volunteer Office team with administrative tasks as required. This will include, but not be limited to: filing, responding to general inquiries, reception duties, minute-taking, and formatting of departmental records and/or presentations
• Create a comfortable, inclusive and welcoming atmosphere where all volunteers feel appreciated and engaged
• Prepare a detailed post-mortem report before the end of the contract
Contract Dates: June 4 to September 21, 2012 (16 weeks)
• 1 or more years of proven experience working with volunteers
• Strong interpersonal skills and friendly, outgoing people skills
• Excellent communication skills (email, in-person, and telephone)
• Exceptional eye for detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced, open-concept environment
• Experience in recruitment, screening, and training of large numbers of people is an asset
• Highly proficient computer skills (knowledge of Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Calendar etc.)
• Experience working with relational databases or an online volunteer management tool is an asset
• Comfortable speaking in front of large groups of volunteers and staff
• Flexible work schedule, some evening work and weekend work is required
• Absolutely must be available for all 11 days of the Festival (September 6-16, 2012)
Please submit cover letter, résumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Wednesday April 11, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: ASSISTANT, VOLUNTEER & INTERN RESOURCES
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.