Project Manager, ARG
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : January-30-12
- End Date : December-27-13
January 3, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting
applications for the contract position of:
Project Manager, David Cronenberg Augment Reality Game
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Artistic Director, TIFF Bell Lightbox, the Project Manager will be responsible for the development and production of a sophisticated augmented reality game (ARG), Body/Mind/Change. For a period of up to 24 months (from January 2012 through until December 2013 – with some flexibility), the Manager will lead final creative development, agency selection, workplans, budgeting, development, and implementation.
• Leading brainstorming sessions, discussions, and consultations with the TIFF Gaming & New Media Think Tank and key project staff, the consultant will facilitate final creative development of Body/Mind/Change.
• Developing a critical path, workplan, and initial budget to move the project forward.
• Assisting in the selection of qualified creative professionals (e.g. agency) who can lead production. The Project and Production Manager will also be tasked with securing discounted services and in-kind contributions.
• Working with TIFF staff and the selected agency, the Manager will serve as production manager to keep the project moving ahead.
• Maintaining a detailed critical path and up to date budget, maintaining close contact with TIFF’s fundraising departments.
• Leading user and technical testing, with input from various stakeholders at TIFF.
• Leading a phased launch, with the initial content ready for users to explore by September 2012. The rest of the game will launch in phases across 2013, with full launch in September 2013.
• Performing ongoing maintenance and improvements post-launch through December 2013.
• Completing detailed final reports to government agencies, with exact performance measures and qualitative evaluations.
Contract Dates: January 2012 – December 2013
• Experience in project, creative, and product development in the gaming and digital media sector
• Key contacts in both the game and web development sectors
• Knowledge of trends, technologies, and key players in the sector
• 2-3 years experience in leading large projects spanning across multiple departments and a wide range of stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in the Canadian film industry is considered an asset
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Superior interpersonal skills and ability to deal with external partners in a professional manner
• Advanced technical skills including computer skills, gaming and new media equipment and vocabulary
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on January 23, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: PROJECT MANAGER, ARG
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.