Managing Web Producer
- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : October-28-13
Tuesday September 17, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the full-time position of:
MANAGING WEB PRODUCER
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premier centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Director, Content Management, the Managing Web Producer will be responsible for overseeing the generation of content for tiff.net and other online properties in conjunction with finding ways to boost the popularity of website and increase user activity.
• Work closely with the Production Manager and Director to oversee updates, additions, changes to tiff.net
• Administer content based departmental initiatives
• Work with cross functional teams to define project scope, conceive, design, and launch innovative web & digital products
• Oversee the creation and approval of digital assets, including Alerts, Ads, and ensure the Director is kept up-to-date within the process
• Report on and use analytics to gauge how changes to tiff.net affect traffic
• Work with Editorial on copy related requests to help ensure they align with both brand strategy and web standards
• Prioritize bugs/enhancements - work with development team on fixes and manage through concept to execution
• Develop strategies & projects that optimize user experience
• Responsible for delivering web projects that are aligned with organizational goals
• Manage Web Designer, Web Content Assistant and other staff/contractors as required
• Edit and manage photos & programming related media
• Update the TIFF app, mobile site, Scribble Live and other TIFF related digital properties
• Serve as a strategic liaison among other departments
• Ensure overall quality of online presence
Start Date: Late October
• 3 - 5 years in a producer role, including direct management experience
• Post-secondary education in New Media
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop retouching and MS Office
• Strong grasp of current web frameworks and technologies
• Photography experience a strong asset
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; good judgment and intuition
• Ability to multi-task and deal with many different stakeholders
• Demonstrated organization and time management in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé, salary expectations and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on October 1, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: MANAGING WEB PRODUCER
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.